When Should I Call a Commercial Garage Door Professional?
All commercial garage door installation, repairs, and maintenance components must be performed exclusively by qualified and professional personnel. Choosing a Villa Rica Commercial Garage Door installation team to do this job for you will make your life so much simpler.
Unfortunately, serious injuries happen far too frequently due to people trying those do-it-yourself commercial garage door repairs and maintenance. Contact the pros at Perimeter Garage Doors immediately if you see any of the following dangerous issues concerning your commercial garage doors:
> Damaged springs
> Damaged doors
> Off-track garage door
> The door got stuck halfway up or down
> The door no longer works
> The opener doesn't work properly
> It started making a loud noise
> Something else keeps the door from working
Never attempt to do spring repairs or handle any other kinds of repairs yourself on these oversized doors, including the counterweight system, since that could cause fatal consequences if not properly managed.
How Can I Maintain My Garage Door?
1. Lubricant all moving metal parts with a penetrating lubricant. Do not use low temp grease or WD-40.
2. Inspect the weather stripping and bottom rubber of the door. Replace if cracked or torn for a proper seal and temperature in the garage. Also apply low temp grease to the weather stripping to prevent the door from sticking to it in intense heat.
3. Replace the batteries in the outside keypads and remotes so no one is stuck out in the heat.
4. Check the safety eyes located on the bottom of the garage door track for obstructions and make sure they are attached firmly so the door does not get stuck open.
5. Call Perimeter Garage Doors for a full 150 point inspection and maintenance service to ensure proper functionality and to prevent any minor issue from turning into a major issue.
What are the Benefits of Commercial Garage Doors?
A commercial garage door can help safeguard your organization. They are meant to keep strangers out of your place of business and to protect the parked vehicles or other materials inside. Current business garage doors have several features to meet your specific needs.
First, they come in various dimensions, so it is critical to measure your space before buying a product. Commercial garage doors have many obvious benefits for business owners that choose to install them.
We'll examine some of these doors' most mentioned advantages below.
- Enhanced Security: Incorporating a commercial garage door enhances the security of your business by keeping uninvited guests away. The intense materials used to construct these panels make it challenging for burglars to break them down or bully their way inside without the owner's or another authorized person's consent.
- Enhanced Look: Installing a corporate garage door enhances the security and aesthetics of your property and can also raise the value of the building in case you ever wanted to sell this property.
Garage doors improve your businesses' security and attractiveness. Additionally, they can help provide insulation to your location, which can help you save money on your business's electricity bills from month to month, which could lead to substantial savings over time.
Can I Replace a Section of My Garage Door, or Do I Need a New Door?
Although every situation is different, the team at Perimeter has been able to save many garage doors by replacing a section of it. However, in some cases the damage is so extensive that it makes more sense to install a new garage door.
Give us a call today and one of our expert technicians will inspect your garage door in Villa Rica. We will let you know if your garage door can be restored. If the damage is too extensive for a repair, we will help you find the best garage door options for your specific situation.
What Should I Know About Garage Door Durability?
Garage Door Springs:
A cycle is one full opening and closing action. Garage door torsion springs are rated by cycle life, with 10,000 cycles as the industry standard minimum. Upgrades are available to around 100,000 cycles. The average spring breaks about every 7 to 12 years with average usage for the recommended product. If a garage door has two or more springs and one breaks, all springs should be replaced to maintain proper balance.
Garage Door Failure:
The leading causes of garage door failure and/or replacement include lack of maintenance and being hit by vehicles. A proper maintenance schedule for a garage door includes lubrication of the rollers, bearings, pulleys, and springs once a year; washing painted steel surfaces several times a year; painting or refinishing wood surfaces as necessary; and making proper adjustments to the counter balance system as necessary to maintain door balance. A properly balanced garage door should be able to be stopped mid-travel without drifting down or up when operated manually.